Tuesday, May 30, 2017

New Flavors

Well Happy New Year 5 months late.  Better late than never, right?  I haven't made much in the way of jams or jellies as I have had a stove malfunction (one big burner hasn't wanted to work since Christmas).  But I did try a new flavor before it went out completely - Strawberry Champagne.  I must say, it's a winner.  My children, who are all adults, love it.  It's very pretty in color and very flavorful. 


Another flavor I have been wanting to try is T.O.E. Jam (yes, it's as delicious as it sounds) but the recipe has been very elusive but I finally got one.  It's made with Tangerines or Tangelos (I used Tangelos), Oranges and Elderberry Juice.  It's one of those jams that is perfect with cheese and crackers, as a spread on pork chops and of course, on biscuits. 


As summer is heading in, I have plans to be making more jams and jellies and heading to the Farmer's Market.  Unless it's too hot for me, which it might be but that's the plan.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment